PWP Mobile Services Ideas
Events and Tradeshows
- Print your opt-in code on all marketing materials to build your list of attendees who want to receive text alerts about your event. Then text messages with event or tradeshow news or special features about once a week leading up to the event, with reminders texted again 1-3 days prior.
- You're probably already using proprietary lead generation systems. That's great. But go one step further to reel in those hot prospects by creating an opt-in list of highly engaged customers who WANT to receive messages from you on their mobile phones. Have them opt in during their booth visit, then follow up with a "thank you" message immediately after the show and regular, relevant, value-added messages thereafter. Though it would depend on your product or service, usually a once a month follow up would be a general guideline.
- If you are an exhibitor at an event or tradeshow, print your opt-in code on your pre-show promotions. Text updates about what you'll be showing in your exhibit about once a week leading up to the event, a reminder 1-3 days before and on opening day, and then text major booth happenings during the show (i.e. "Don't forget our new product demonstration in booth 3452 at 2pm."). Don't text more than about once a day with announcements or they'll quickly opt-out.
- Go green and set up a "digital business card" with the "AlertMe" Reply Only Message Package. Print a sign for your booth with the code so people can get your info on their phone instantly.
- To reward attendees for visiting a booth, you can offer a discount code for visiting the booth by asking visiting attendees to text in your keyword. A message with the "secret" promo code can be texted to them later. You can select an "AlertMe" or "RewardMe" keyword package to build your list.
- Make your show or event a scavenger hunt. have them text in a different keyword at various points in your event or show area which direct them to the next step or activity in the game. Use "AlertMe" or "RewardMe" keyword to create a list of game participants so that you can connect with them during the game. Or, if you don't want to connect with them while the game is in play, you can require them opt in to your "RewardMe" list once the game is over to receive a prize, discount, or freebie for participating. Suggest using the "AlertMe" Reply Only keyword package for checkpoints since it will not create a list, but will return information that is needed to continue playing.
Restaurants and Bars
- Ditch the rewards cards! Have your "VIPs" opt in to your rewards program with the "RewardMe" keyword list building package. Then send messages with special offers and promo codes just for them. Make it worth their while to be on your list! And make sure you train your host and service staff on how to handle the discounts.
- Does your restaurant or bar feature entertainment? Send messages about upcoming shows to your "AlertMe" or "RewardMe" list.
- Do you show football, baseball, hockey or basketball on the BIG screens? Is the local team in the playoffs? Inform your "AlertMe" or "RewardMe" list about food or drink specials you'll be featuring during key games.
- Drum up off peak business by texting special menus or discount coupon codes.
- "AlertMe" lists could be created for a myriad of alerts for students including: testing dates, registration for the following semester, changes to class locations or schedules, emergency campus closings, special offers for on-campus food vendors, club announcements and meeting schedules, game schedules, sports team practices, and more.
- Follow college sports? Both students and alumni can be alerted about game schedules, wins, tournaments, ticket purchases, and special offers. Including a clickable website link helps get them to buy in. Offering a special promo code for these folks can encourage them to buy now.
- Help fans follow their favorite team with updates on game schedules, league standings, playoffs, wins, ticket purchases, and special discounts for team "insiders" sent to your personalized "AlertMe" keyword list.
- Direct fans right to ticket purchase website by including a clickable link in your message along with a promo code to help measure the success of your promotion.
- Special texted greetings or messages makes them feel like they're a part of the team!
- Have lots of sports fans as clients? Put a promo code for your own business on local team schedules. Especially good if you are a sports-related business or offer specials during sports seasons. (Click here to see what sport schedules are available at PromoWithPurposeShop.com.)
- Ditch the rewards cards! Have your "buyers club" opt in to your rewards program with the "RewardMe" keyword list building package. Then send messages with special offers and promo codes just for them. Make it worth their while to be on your list! And make sure you train your checkout staff on how to handle the discounts.
- Offer your best customers membership on a Very Important Customer list (created with your "RewardMe" keyword package) that could offer them advance notices about sales, special discounts, events, freebies, and more.
- Encourage customers to go greener and use reusable bags. The special offers you text out could require them to bring their bags when they shop in order to get the discount.
- Help your clients stay on top of important dates and deadlines with mobile alerts. An example would be CPAs who want to alert clients of tax payment and return filing dates.
- Are you offering specials for a limited time to drum up business? Again, getting your customers on an "AlertMe" list helps you get the word out! Great for salons, dog groomers, auto service, HVAC contractors, plumbers, chiropractors, massage therapists, cleaning services, and more.
Featured PWP Mobile Marketing Service...